The Center for Integrated Training & Education
CITE is changing our name!
But don’t worry, the name is the only thing changing. You’ll still get the same convenient, affordable, practical programs and you’ll even get to keep calling us CITE. We’re moving from the name The Center for Integrated Teacher Education to The Center for Integrated Training & Education. Did you catch it? Teacher becomes Training. That’s it!
Q: Why are we changing our name?
A: CITE does more than Teacher Education!
(And has for a while)
We facilitate Administration Programs
- Our College of St. Rose School Building Leader Certification program is quite large — 25% of Principals in NYC are CITE grads.
- In addition, also through St. Rose, CITE facilitates a School District Leader program.
- We’ve grown our Doctoral Program with The Sage Colleges, while maintaining an impressive 85% completion rate.
- Our Master’s Degree in Public Administration through Alfred University boasts alumni working in the private, governmental, and non-profit sectors.
We facilitate Counseling Degree Programs
- We have one of the largest Counseling Master’s Programs in the state — including degrees for School Counseling and Mental Health Counseling with Alfred University.
- We offer a Certificate of Advanced Study in Mental Health Counseling, which allows certified counselors to achieve NYS licensure.
- We offer School Counseling permanent certification courses through the College of St. Rose.
We’ve started Undergraduate Programs
- We’ve extended the reach of Concordia College of NY, offering an Undergraduate Completion Program in Psychology in NYC.
- We’ve partnered with Alfred U. to offer their Criminal Justice Undergraduate Completion Program at SUNY Orange.
We work with unions and hospitals
- With Alfred University, we facilitate a certificate program in Patient Care Management.
- We’ve partnered with unions like SEIU 1199 and DC 37 to offer high-quality training to their members.
What does this mean for CITE students and alumni?
There’s not really any change aside from the word Training. You can continue to call us CITE! We’d, of course, love it if you took a minute to learn about the non-teacher training programs we offer. Do you have anyone in mind, for instance, who’s looking for an undergraduate completion program in psychology, or a Master’s in Public Administration? Send them our way!
The name change reflects the reality of CITE’s commitment to a broader array of training. We, of course, are working hard to improve all of our offerings, listening to student and alumni feedback, and starting an alumni program to help you as you grow in your career.
If you’re a CITE partner program graduate, please contact our Alumni Coordinator, Joshua Davis to update where you’re working and your contact info — he will probably have a great event coming up that he’ll tell you about, from networking to career opportunities, from yoga to interview prep, from holiday parties to educational seminars, Joshua is planning events to bring value to you even after you graduate.
Thank you for continuing to tell your colleagues about your CITE experience!
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education. For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
CITE PD offers CTLE-approved in-school professional development tailored to your school’s needs and your vision. Info: citepd.com
We now also offer an undergraduate degree completion program in psychology.