11 Signs You’re a Teacher on Summer Break
Here are our 11 signs you’re a teacher on Summer Break
1. You don’t know what day it is — but you know what day school starts!
2. You’ve been on a lake in Maine for a week — reading the latest curricular materials. “Finally! A chance to catch up!”
3. You’re on Facebook. A lot. And Pinterest. And it’s all classroom library or workstation ideas!
4. Your caffeine intake is down to that of a normal person. And it’s chilled. And right next to that tall icy drink is a notebook of BRAND NEW insights on The Giver (ps, it’s better than the movie. We can just tell).
5. You just told someone that the one kid who always always needs the last word, who you wrote up four times in June, who once snapped her gum and called you MISS but you knew what she really was calling you, that kid, you just said she was sweet and a “poor thing,” who’s misunderstood.
6. You’ve restrained the reflexive “I don’t know, CAN you?”
7. You’ve actually gone in to clean your new room. And your old room.
8. You’ve reposted this picture.
9. Your dreams now follow this rubric
10. You ran into a former student, who now has lots of tattoos, and who’s working at Urban Outfitters, and you thought, “I’m glad that guy found his people!”
Is this you? Congrats, you’re a teacher. It’s the summer. You’re still working hard. Remember to take some time to enjoy yourself! Recharge! You make a difference!
Click this photo to share on twitter if you agree!