Special Ed Job Openings – HS Level
Northside Charter High School is seeking a Special Education Teacher.
424 Leonard Street, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11222 (P) 347.390.1273 (F) 347.390.1274
- Establish and support strong classroom management and discipline, promote an active culture of inquiry, and a positive learning environment within the classroom.
- Bring enthusiasm and depth of knowledge to his/her subject area.
- Consistently review data and evolve his/her approach to obtain maximum results.
- Take an active part in professional learning community meetings and department committee meetings.
- Learn to incorporate technology into the instructional domain by taking part in digital knowledge-sharing and communication. Be open about using data as a tool for enhancing success.
- Work closely and effectively with CTT and ELL teachers as applicable.
- Create and implement lesson plans based one the Northside overview model, NYSED core curriculum, hands-on, experiential learning, group-work, and project- based learning.
- Develop multifaceted, differentiated curriculum that meets the needs of every student in the room.
- Consistently and accurately report student progress and maintain accurate and up-to-date PowerSchool and hard-copy records.
- Identify and create opportunities to expand his/her skills and actively engage in professional development practices.
- Communicate openly with students, students’ families, colleagues and school management team.
- Maintain an ongoing student intervention log that speaks to and evidences the teacher’s role in creating a consistent conduit between school and home.
- New York State Permanent, Professional, or Initial Teaching Certification 7-12.
- Experience preferred; recent college graduates (who have completed student teaching requirements) are encouraged to apply.
- Energetic and inspired to actively engage with students within the framework our school day.
- NYSED Fingerprint Clearance
Applicants may email cover letter and resume: Jobs@northsidechs.org
*Please type “Special Education Teacher” in the subject field
Northside Charter High School is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education . For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
We are proud to introduce our new Undergraduate Completion Program for adults – the same convenience, affordability, and quality you’ve come to expect from CITE partners, now for adults 25 years and older who want to gain the skills and degree to get their career launched. Learn more here.