Mental Health Counseling – Job Posting
Our Alumni coordinator, Joshua Davis, is working hard to bring great events and opportunities together for students and alumni of our partner programs. Keep your eyes peeled for info on our May 3rd resource fair, where you’ll have an opportunity to network, and for events like our Mock Interview initiative. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure you’re kept up to date on the latest.
Below, please see a job opening for a Mental Health Counselor. Please contact the agency with any questions, and keep us posted on your successes!
For information on our Mental Health Counseling Master’s program, click here.
Agency Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Social Worker/Mental Health Clinician to join its Special Medical/Developmental Prevention Program.
The Prevention Program is designed to deliver a range of clinical, case management and supportive services, with the goal of helping families remain intact while ensuring caregiver’s receive the appropriate support to meet all of their children’s physical, developmental, educational, social/emotional, and mental health needs. The ideal candidate will be strength-based, trauma-informed, culturally competent and committed to family preservation and resilience. This is a home and community-based program so the candidate must be flexible with the ability to work independently and flex their hours to meet the needs of youth and parents. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to build strong relationships with at-risk families and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team composed of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, clinicians, education and recreation specialists, and more!
Title of Position: Prevention Social Worker/Mental Health Clinician
Position Type: Full-time
Location: 1775 Grand Concourse, Suite 703 | Bronx, NY 10453
Program: Special Medical/Developmental Preventive Services
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provides casework and clinical services to children and families utilizing individual and family modalities. Coordinates services for a caseload of 10-11 families as recommended by NAC’s multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provides intensive social work services to children and families in order to implement the goals and tasks of the Family Assessment and Service Plan (FASP).
- Conducts home and community-based visits to families.
- Ensures adherence to agency policies and ACS regulatory requirements.
- Makes adequate use of individual and group supervision, on-site clinical trainings and mental health in-services. Group supervision offered for those working toward clinical licensure.
- Completes ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation conforms to agency, city and state regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow social workers in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
- MSW or MHC from an accredited school
- Prior experience in preventive services, child welfare, and/or health care preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong engagement skills
- Self-awareness and motivation around team building
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred (and includes a salary differential)
How to Apply: Please specify position of interest when applying and submit your resume and a cover letter by mail, fax or e-mail to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education. For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
CITE PD offers CTLE-approved in-school professional development tailored to your school’s needs and your vision. Info: citepd.com
We now also offer an undergraduate degree completion program in psychology.