Job Posting – AP for Instruction and Student Services
Northside Charter High School, Brooklyn
424 Leonard Street, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11222 (P) 347.390.1273 (F) 347.390.1274
Northside Charter High School is seeking a High School Assistant Principal of Instruction and Student Services. The Assistant Principal, under the direction of the Principal, implements and enforces school board policies, administrative rules and regulations. In the absence of the Principal, the Assistant Principal shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the Principal.
- Assists in the selection and mentoring of staff.
- Conducting informal and formal teacher observations.
- Assisting in completion of mid-year and end of the year evaluations.
- Plan and implement relevant Professional Development.
- Assisting in the development and administration of policies dealing with discipline, conduct, and attendance.
- Work with and assists faculty in the development of effective classroom discipline and organization.
- Maintains an effective and safe school environment.
- Assists in the development of an instructional budget.
- New York State Permanent/Professional Certification 7-12.
- (Minimum) Undergraduate degree in Education, Masters a Plus
- Energetic and inspired to actively engage with students within the framework of our school day.
- Good communication skills
- NYSED Fingerprint Clearance
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook, including experience using them in a professional capacity
Applicants may email cover letter and resume to: Jobs@northsidechs.org
*Please type “High School Assistant Principal of Instruction and Student Services” in the subject field
Northside Charter High School is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
We are most interested in finding a candidate who is familiar with the Danielson Framework for Teaching Rubric, capable of providing professional development to teachers, and open to learning new things as an administrator. The interview will involve lesson plan review and feedback, classroom observation and feedback, and a formal interview with the Executive Director, Principal, Director of Instruction, Director of Operations, and our department chairs.
Northside is a small learning community with 400 students, located on the 4th floor of a DOE building (shared space with 2 other schools). Our students all take Latin for 4 years, travel to Italy and Greece, and love coming to school because its safe and free of violence.
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education . For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
We are proud to introduce our new Undergraduate Completion Program for adults – the same convenience, affordability, and quality you’ve come to expect from CITE partners, now for adults 25 years and older who want to gain the skills and degree to get their career launched. Learn more here.