Job Posting Administration Queens
Our World Neighborhood Charter School, (OWNCS)
Our school consists of an Elementary School and Middle School in separate locations in Astoria NY. This role will be located at our Elementary School at 36-12 35th Avenue Astoria, NY 11106 and report to the Principal who is located at our Middle School.
Great schools have great leaders. OWNCS is seeking to add an experienced instructional leader to the team. The successful candidate will share an unwavering commitment to the mission, core values, and educational philosophy of Our World Neighborhood and have a proven track record of being an advocate for excellence in teaching and teachers and excellence in students and their achievement. The successful candidate must believe that working collaboratively with teachers, parents, and students to create and enhance learning opportunities for all students is key to a positive learning environment leader to the team.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Support a positive and achievement-oriented culture congruent with the OWN philosophy
- Supervise and coach teachers by visiting classrooms to observe instruction, modeling effective instructional practices, providing support, and giving feedback
- Guide teachers through the process of collaborative reflection and planning
- Support instructional staff in the analysis and use of assessment data to reflect on teaching and learning
- Work collaboratively with specialists, instructional coaches, social workers, and other leaders and support staff to enhance teaching and learning
- Guide instructional staff through the evaluation process using the Danielson model
- Utilize data to plan and lead professional development that focuses on specific learning and achievement goal
- Complete other duties as outlined by the Executive Director and Principal.
Candidate must possess:
- A master’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Minimum of three years teaching
- Minimum of three years experience in a leadership role
- A proven track record of student academic success in an urban setting
- A relentless work ethic, perseverance, and patience
- Deep understanding of curriculum development, progressive pedagogical practice, and how students learn best
- School Building Leadership Certification is highly preferred
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com. Or you can call me at 718 274 2902 ext. 107
Assistant to the Principal