Job Opening: Curriculum Coordinator, Brooklyn
William O’Connor Bay Ridge School
420 95th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11209
- Responsible for the supervision of teachers, assistant teacher’s and one to one paraprofessionals.
- To conduct classroom observations and give feedback to education staff.
- To review teacher lesson plans and ensure compliance with common core standards.
- To assume Educational, Clinical and Administrative responsibility.
- To ensure that all staff receive the appropriate training and supervision necessary for the
- position(s) for which they are assigned.
- To oversee the development and implementation of curriculum in the program.
- To ensure that an in-service training program is developed and is provided for all staff.
- To ensure that the appropriate fiscal records, including monitoring expenses, and statistical attendance and time records are maintained.
- To meet and coordinate with all governmental requirements and respond accordingly, ensuring full program compliance.
- To review and sign off on all requests for program materials and supplies.
- To ensure the health and safety of all staff, students and family members occupying your program facility.
- To be familiar with SED codes and regulations to ensure preparation for audit.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university (Early Childhood /Special Education preferred)
- New York State Teaching Certification Students with Disabilities B-2 (or Permanent Special Education Teacher Certification) and Early Childhood B-2 Teacher Certification
- 3-5 years’ experience in Special Education/Preschool Teaching
- SAS or SDA or School Building Leader Certificate from the New York State Education Department
Contact: Clare Bonafede, Principal
718-680-9751 CBonafede@nylel.org FAX 718-680-9751
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education . For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
We are proud to introduce our new Undergraduate Completion Program for adults – the same convenience, affordability, and quality you’ve come to expect from CITE partners, now for adults 25 years and older who want to gain the skills and degree to get their career launched. Learn more here.