Job Opening – Central Islip – Administration
JOB OPENING – The Central Islip Board of Education is seeking administrative candidates for the following position:
Assistant Principal, Middle School
In order to qualify for the position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Appropriate Administrative certification.
- Educational background and awareness of contemporary administrative issues.
- At least five years teaching experience.
- Experience as a middle school Administrator preferred.
- Demonstrated competence or perceived capacity for educational leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with staff and community.
- Practical experience in organization and implementation of school programs.
- Strong background in curriculum and instruction.
- Extensive professional development skills.
- Demonstrates experience/ competence in improving student achievement.
Among the factors the superintendent will also consider in making his decision are the following:
- The quality of experience.
- The regular attendance record.
- The education and experience of the candidate beyond the minimum required.
- The appropriateness of the education and experience to the specific duties of the position.
Qualified candidates who wish to apply for this position should apply in writing to Mr. Michael Wolpert, Assistant Superintendent of Personnel, Central Administration Office, Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org
by October 16, 2015.