NEW CERTIFICATION DEADLINE AFFECTS CITE COURSES
Individual Evaluation Pathways is a means to NYS Public School Special Ed extension that allows teachers to take courses that meet requirements (foundations, methods, etc…), piece them together, and receive the extension.
This individual pathways deadline is scheduled for May 1st, 2014. After May 1, the special ed extension will only be awarded by completing an approved pathway program.
*** UPDATE: This pathway to special ed certification is closing for those with provisional (initial) certification only. For those with Professional (permanent) certification, you may still pursue your special ed extension after the 5/1/14 deadline.
We can help. Our Graduate Courses offer teachers the opportunity to meet these requirements. Click through to our website for class schedules, class descriptions, and our quick and easy online registration. Beat the deadline! Get your special ed extension on track.
We offer affordable weekend courses:
- $645 for 3 graduate credits
- 5 day courses offered on weekends and school vacations
- Courses offered for guidance and special ed license extensions
Convenient classes in all five boroughs and Long Island!
- If this pathway deadline is not extended again, teachers will have to go through a program to get certified.
- Please check with the NYS Certification agency http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/ to check how this deadline extension affects your certification.
- Guidance certification is not affected by this deadline.
To see several students and instructors from our Administration and Counseling programs speak about their experiences, why they chose CITE, and what it did for their career, please see our youtube page: www.youtube.com/ctrteachered